Minor Program

When can you declare the minor?

When you have completed all 7 courses, or during the semester you are enrolled in the final course(s).

Declare the minor as soon as you are eligible.

Requirements to declare the minor:

  • Complete a total of seven classes: two lower-division and five upper division courses. See the description of the major for details on the eligible courses.

  • A minimum of four upper-division courses must be taken at UC Berkeley in the Anthropology Department (upon approval, one course may be from an EAP, or taken at another 4-year institution).

  • All courses must be taken for a letter grade.

  • A maximum of one approved upper-division course may satisfy requirements of both the student's major and the anthropology minor program.

How can you declare the minor?

Complete these three steps:

  • Complete the "Petition for Confirmation of Minor Program Completion".
  • Provide photocopies of transcripts showing courses satisfying the minor that you took anywhere other than Berkeley, with the grades you earned (continuing Berkeley students may request copies of their transfer transcripts from the Undergraduate Admissions Office in 110 Sproul).
  • Submit all documentation to the Undergraduate Advising Office in 215 Kroeber.