Policies Regarding the Minor:
The lower-division course may be taken at a California community college. Only articulated courses will count. See Assist.org
- Students cannot meet the lower-division requirement through AP coursework.
- All five upper-division courses must be taken at Berkeley within the Department of Anthropology. The only possible exceptions are cross-listed courses with Anthropology or an EAP Anthropology course, that must be petitioned to be accepted.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade. An overall GPA of 2.0 is required in coursework applied to the minor. Only one course may be used to satisfy both a minor and a major requirement.
- Only one course may be used to satisfy two minor programs' requirements.
Completing the Minor
All students must submit a completed L&S Minor form the semester prior to their last semester at Berkeley. Students may submit the form any time before the semester prior to their expected graduation semester, so long as the form is submitted prior to their second to last semester.
When can you declare the minor?
When you have completed all 7 courses, or during the semester you are enrolled in the final course(s).
Declare the minor as soon as you are eligible, prior to your expected graduation semester. All students must submit a completed L&S Minor form the semester prior to their last semester at Berkeley.
Requirements to declare the minor:
Complete a total of seven classes: two lower-division and five upper division courses. See the description of the major for details on the eligible courses.
A minimum of four upper-division courses must be taken at UC Berkeley in the Anthropology Department (upon approval, one course may be from an EAP, or taken at another 4-year institution).
All courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- A maximum of one approved upper-division course may satisfy requirements of both the student's major and the anthropology minor program.
The deadline to declare the minor:
Deadline to submit the Minor form is the semester before your Expected Graduation Term (EGT). Specifically, the last day of RRR week in Fall, if you're graduating in the Spring and the last day of RRR week in Spring if you're graduating in the Fall.
Deadline to submit L&S's UC Berkeley L&S Minor Form is the end of the semester of your final semester at Cal.
How can you declare the minor?
Complete these three steps:
- Complete the "Petition for Confirmation of Minor Program Completion".
- Provide photocopies of transcripts showing courses satisfying the minor that you took anywhere other than Berkeley, with the grades you earned (continuing Berkeley students may request copies of their transfer transcripts from the Undergraduate Admissions Office in 110 Sproul).
- Submit all documentation to the Undergraduate Advising Office in 215 Kroeber.
For inquiries related to the Undergraduate Program, please contact the Undergraduate Advisor, Frances Bright firstname.lastname@example.org.