Faculty Undergraduate Advisors provide general academic advising, are available to talk to students about planning for graduate school, and evaluate requests for exceptions, including credit for transfer courses. The 2017-18 Undergraduate Advisors are Professors Lisa Maher (Archaeology) and Sarah Vaughn (Socio-Cultural).
The Undergraduate Student Affairs Officer (SAO), Frances Bright, is responsible for day-to-day advising of declared majors and students interested in Anthropology. The SAO can assist students with: declaring the major; assessing progress in the major; administrative concerns (i.e. CalCentral, enrollments, Add/Drops); graduation matters; general info on Anthropology courses offered each term; options for independent study; Senior Honors Program; researching graduate programs and enrichment opportunities; and referral to other campus offices.
The Anthropology undergraduate adviser's office is in 215 Kroeber Hall, phone: (510) 642-3616, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate Student Services Outside of Anthropology:
- Monday through Friday 10-12 & 1-4.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research assists students with finding opportunities to work with faculty on the cutting edge research projects for which Berkeley is world-renowned, and/or with planning for an individual original sustained research, field-study or creative project. Visit Undergraduate Research @ Berkeley.
- Research workshops for all students, and individual advising for applicants to the Haas Scholars Program, are available on an on-going basis by contacting the Haas Scholars Program Coordinator at 5 Durant Hall, 643-6374, email@example.com
- The Career Center is located in the Banway Building, 2111 Bancroft Way, on the second floor.
The phone number is: (510) 642-1716.
- The Career and Educational Guidance Library is located at 2220 Bancroft Way (in front of the Tang Center).
The phone number is (510) 642-2367.
- Counseling and Psychological Services for career testing is located at the Tang Center, 2222 Bancroft Way, third floor, room 3240.
The phone number is (510) 642-6520.